Wednesday, October 10, 2007

mejor

thanks for all the prayers. life in lima is improving drastically. i'm 'mejor' (better. for those of you who don't speak spanish). my health is finally improving and my life isn't so sad. ha.

no, but really, things are great. i am learning a lot and the sun is coming out more frequently. oh, and yesterday i saw the ocean! not that i haven't seen it before, but in a dirty city, the shoreline is a beautiful thing. then, today i had a strawberry smoothie...and it was cold! no drinks are ever cold here in lima, or at least right now because it's still cold outside. so, cold drinks are a treat to me.

god is doing some great things in my heart. i'm still learning a lot about finding joy in brokenness and dark places. my spanish is improving and i really feel at home here. god is good. he is faithful. and i'm excited for the rest of my time here. next week it will be at the half-way mark. i've been here for 2 months...crazy!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Lindsey,
Thanks for the updates.You have painted an incredible picture of the life that you see in Lima and of the Life that lives within you. Mejor thankful for you............cheryl