Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm sorry, but...

I'm getting married!

To any blog followers I may have had, I am sorry it has been so long, but yes, I am getting married and all my time has suddenly disappeared. Between getting back from Uganda, moving into a new place, working, getting engaged and wedding planning, I have felt a little disheveled. It is amazing how being busy can quickly get in the way of time with the Lord. With the million and one things to do running through my head constantly, I have been distracted from my One True Love. As I prepare to get married, I am already feeling the gravity of Paul's truth in 1 Corinthians 7:34-35;

"And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord."

It is amazing how true this is, as I am sure many of you know. I am so very thankful for my future husband and am so excited for our marriage, but I miss my undivided time with the Lord already. My most recent prayer has been that I would have an undivided heart for Jesus. I truly want to yearn for Him. I know God alone can satisfy, so as I am "busy" with all of this new stuff I must fight to have sweet fellowship with the lover of my soul. Prayers are welcomed :)

1 comment:

Autumn said...

oh girl...can i just say i hear you? I don't believe I've ever heard anyone express that sentiment before. I felt the same way and I want to encourage you that you are so right to be seeking him even MORE during this time...as I sat the morning of my wedding with him, he reminded me of his love-that that day, that man and everything ahead were gifts from him-my One True Love. Tears of joy were even better knowing His precious love through that day...and later when I couldn't always see the beauty after the wedding. It was then that he reminded me of all our intimate times alone together and that he had a purpose in uniting me with an earthly love-to grow me MORE into a woman he wants me to be.

If you haven't already can I please encourage you to read "The Sacred Marriage" as you prepare for this marriage! I can't recommend it highly enough.

prayers for you and your future husband,
Autumn Anderson (the intern-in case you forgot!)