Thursday, May 22, 2008

two days left

well, tomorrow is my last day of work. the next day i drive to my parents' house and pack my car up. and the next day i'm on the road to california.

i've done well so far. no fear. no hesitation. no doubt...

until the other day. there was a brief moment where i almost believed what the world thought of my life. i almost believed i was crazy for moving to california with no money, no job, no place to live. but then i realized, faith is not about having plans. faith is about trusting that whatever needs to happen will happen if only i take the first step. if there is one thing i could choose to be known for, it would be my faith. faith in a better life--for me and this world. faith in goodness and truth and purity. faith in love. faith in a king. faith in jesus christ.

god has never failed me. i've made some really weird decisions based on faith, and they've always brought me to a better place. fear is not really a word in my vocabulary and i'm not sure how i became that way, but i am thankful. i'm thankful that i don't have to fear a life of monotony. i am thankful i don't have to fear failure because i've already won. i am thankful that i don't have to fear death. the only thing i fear is a life full of regrets and a mind full of memories from a safety zone.

so with two days left and no plans set, i fear nothing.
'if god is for us, who can be against us'

3 comments:

Heather Lea said...

you, my dear friend, are a gem. a true diamond. and i will miss you.

Meg Schudel said...

(continuing from heather's post)...
And I will receive you. If you guys are exhausted and need a meal, I can help. If you want to sleep somewhere with furniture, I can help. With our powers combined, Heather won't be able to resist a visit to S.D.! :)
Travel safely

Nicole said...

Your fearless spirit spures me on. Take care Lindsay! May God bless this time in your life and I'm praying for you!