Thursday, August 14, 2008

when i look out the window...

i'm in a really good place right now. this has been a long week, and it's not over yet, but i am loving my life right now. this new job is just what i needed. there are so many things i am thankful for with this job. one of them being its location. not only is it 5 minutes away from me, 5 minutes away from one of my favorite places (balboa park), and not even 5 minutes away from downtown, BUT when i look out the window of our office i see sailboats in the bay. even if i was getting bored with this job, all i'd have to do is look out the window and remember how beautiful this place is.

another thing i love about my job is that i have a balance of being in my office alone and seeing our clients (the homeless). every time i walk downstairs or ride in the elevator, i see someone who WOULD be on the streets if it weren't for the Mission. today when i was walking in, i saw a mother and her two young children. i greeted them with a smile and kept walking. then it dawned on me, those beautiful children would be on the streets if God had not provided the mission for them. it almost brought tears to my eyes just knowing i am taking part in something that really matters. regardless of what my tasks are, big or small, i know that i'm actively working for those who are in need in this city. i feel so blessed.

tonight i am having GNO (girls night out) with my neighbors. it is something they started--once a month we get ready and go out for dinner and drinks. i need this tonight because i've been working so much this week. i work 14 hours tomorrow, so i won't be out too late, but at least i'll be able to kick back for a bit. i work all weekend at the coffee shop (fri., sat., sun.) but saturday night i'm going to a concert with kirsten and i'm pumped. god is good. he is providing all i need and so much more. i finally feel like i'm 'starting' my life after college. it's so hard to find a place once you've crossed over from student/dependent to career/independent. i've found my place for now. ; )

5 comments:

*KJ said...

Ahhhh, welcome to the world of two jobs - but, do be careful of being worn out!

Phil Wickham here we come!!

*KJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dale said...

In, by and through the Lord may you continue to spy Him at work in and around you! Thanks for giving us a peek into how you are seeing!
dale

Meg Schudel said...

I really liked this post and I'm SO jealous of your view :)

Nicole said...

Lindsay,

I just saw your status on facebook. I will say a prayer for you tonight before bed. Hang in there deary!

Nicole