Thursday, August 7, 2008

say what?!

well...today was my first day at the new job. if some of you don't know, i got the job at the San Diego Rescue Mission--the one that i had originally interviewed for when i was still in Nebraska.
i really feel like this is where god wanted me in the first place, but it was all in his timing. i had to trust and come out here and wait patiently for him to provide.

today was good. i am not overwhelmed at all, but i am potentially freaking out about the fact that i might be working 14 hour days with both my jobs now. i love the coffee shop job and don't want to quit, but working 8-5 and then 5-10 every night might get a little obnoxious. i'm going to burn out quickly, not to mention miss the joys of cali, which includes the sunshine. BUT all is good. i am so thankful that i now have two jobs instead of none. i'll be able to pay some of my bills now;)

everyone is super nice at the mission and i feel like my transition into the position is going really smoothly. i start full time on monday already and i just found out that i got the position on tuesday. i fear that since this is an office job, which has a lot of monotony, i might get bored with this. but i also know that this position has a lot of potential growth and it could easily become a career. i eventually want to start my own non-profit so learning the behind the scenes is so important right now.

as for life outside of work, things couldn't be better. i love it here (obviously) and i feel like i'm really thriving. i've been running lately and i'm thinking about running a marathon or half marathon sometime in 2009. i ran 4 miles with Beau the other day. we ran along sunset cliffs/the beach. then yesterday i ran 5 miles. my legs are hurting today but i'm starting to get into a schedule. i might even go tonight. it's kind of becoming my outlet. i might just become a runner after all.

i love my church, i'm growing, i'm learning, i'm meeting new people, and i'm finally making a place for myself. god has blessed me so much. i can tell i'm in his will and i can't wait to see what he has next. i can hardly believe this is my life some days.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you! Praise God for the job!

dale said...

In, by and through our Lord may you continue to be set free to fully seize all He has for you! May your transition into the mission job go well and may you not lose what saniety you have left as you work the two jobs:-)

mdharmelink said...

Congrats on the job! Just sneak a shot of espresso to keep you going at 5!

*KJ said...

ugh Hammer commented before me?!

Yay!! COngrats on the job - So exciting. God makes me smile. See you tomorrow :)