Monday, July 28, 2008

clarity


this weekend has been one of clarity. i feel like god has answered so many questions that were hanging in the air for quite a while. before i talk more about this weekend, let me give you a glimpse of some things that were hanging in the air.

-first of all, my job situation is always hanging in the air, but it was even more so this weekend because i had to make a decision about a nanny position. the position paid well, but they wanted a year commitment and it was a long drive and long hours. i would've been working/driving for about 60 hours a week.
well, on Friday i got a phone call about a job interview and an email about another nanny position that was in my neighborhood. i still was contemplating the first nanny position until sunday.

-second thing hanging in the air was a friendship with a guy who was/is kind of pursuing me. i needed to decide how i felt about that, and him because we had been hanging out for about a month and i just needed to stop being ambiguous about my feelings. well, i figured it out.

the last two weeks have been busy but fantastic. i really love this place and it feels like home. i'm starting to do things on my own that i couldn't before because i didn't have a car. like the other night, i wanted to watch the sunset...so i just got in my car and drove to the ocean and watched the sunset by myself. it was fantastic. i've been running a lot lately too, and i'm finding so much joy in that. i love balboa park and frequent it at least twice a week. i'm very comfortable here, which kind of scares me, but at the same time excites me. i feel like i've finally found my place and i'm loving life right now. not just life, but MY LIFE. this is MY path, and i am so glad god chose this for me.

as for the job situation. i interviewed today with a non-profit org. that deals with kids in the foster care system and other at-risk youth. the interview went well and reminded me of my passion for children and my desire to believe in them. then i got an email from a friend about the position i originally wanted when i was first moving out here. i was so excited just to hear that that position is even open. i feel like god is holding me in his hand just waiting for the right time to set me down in the place he has made for me. i've been in his hand this whole time, and at points i've been discouraged and impatient, but i've never settled. he's asked me to move and i moved. i've cried out to him for a job that i would love and one in which i could make a difference for his kingdom and for the lives of others. he's been so faithful thus far and i know he will continue to be. i wouldn't want to be anywhere else than here right now. the clouds have parted and i can see a blue sky. the sun is about to rise.

No comments: