Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So undeserving

Let me just start with this. I am an undeserving sinner. I deserve nothing--not even the common grace of God (the every day things like eating and breathing). And I definitely do not deserve the favor he has been showing to me since this move. I'm not sure I knew what "men cannot live by bread alone" truly meant until this week, when I began to live on the WORD of God and place my faith in Him for every movement I made.

This day represents me being here, in Minneapolis, one full week. I have now had two classes, one church service, one bible study, one frozen lake adventure, and a WHOLE lot of time in the word. I have felt blessed and taken care of this entire week by my Father. I've seen prayers of old and prayers of new answered right before my eyes. From the smallest prayer of "Lord, please bless me to have at least ONE friend," to the giant prayer of "Lord, please bring a job to me," I have experienced his faithfulness and unconditional love for me.

This God who calls us out of our comfort zones is not just doing it for entertainment, he REALLY does know what's best for us. Leaving San Diego was hard, but He makes it so much easier when He makes clear the path before you. I have no regrets of leaving when I did (although it is COLD here in the middle of winter). The Lord continues to confirm my place here.

As I mentioned earlier, I prayed that the Lord would bring a job to me. I prayed this prayer because I don't want to do what I want to do. I want to do what the Lord wants me to do...and right now, I'm not quite sure what that is. All I know is that He brought me here for learning and growth and community. So my plans are to go to class and learn, make friends and serve my community, and to really serve and love his church. Getting a job, although important, is a pretty low priority in the large scheme of things. Yes, I am putting out resumes and asking around, but I'm almost looking for anything. As you know, this can make job searching difficult if you don't know what you're searching for.

Well, today I got a call from an UNKNOWN number from an UNKNOWN agency who had my resume passed on to them by some UNKNOWN job I had applied for. After listening to the message multiple times to find out more info, I discovered my dream job may have just found me. Or should I say, the Lord may have just answered my prayer? I'm not going to tell much detail in hopes that I won't get too excited right now, for there are no guarantees. BUT I will tell you that this job would involve me managing people, doing some marketing and admin, but mostly counseling women who are pregnant and/or wanting to adopt or learn to parent. There will be more info later. I'm praying for an interview either this week or next. I just had to share the goodness of God, for after all, that IS the purpose of life!

In other happenings, I'm now working on memorizing Scripture. Here's one out of six that I chose for this week:
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers, but he delights in the law of the Lord, and in that law meditates night and day." Psalm 1:1-2

I challenge you to delight yourself in the law of the Lord. He really does know what's best for us!

Blessings to you all.

No comments: