Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My new little life

I'm going to start practicing complete sentences and proper capitalization in this post. I'm preparing for a job--or just real life.

With that said, let me tell you about my new little life. Some of you may know that I had a bit of an interruption in my transition here last week. My grandma died and so did my car. I was just beginning to form a schedule with class, church, bible study, and friends when I got the news and had to head back to Nebraska. My car broke on Friday and was fixed by Tuesday, just in time for me to head back. My grandma was 85 years old and had been on hospice for a while, so it was not a surprise. I drove back last Wednesday and went to the funeral on Thursday with my whole family. The Lord really blessed the service and there were so many people there. Grandma would have been so proud. I learned so much about her while I was back. It was a quick trip though. After spending time with the family on Friday and most of Saturday, I headed back. During the drive back, I prayed for sunshine. The Lord blessed me with sunshine and great driving conditions, and I got back safely and began to move into my apartment on Sunday night.

My apartment is warm and cozy. It is a two bedroom, one bath, and is just perfect for right now. I got all settled in yesterday and even went to get groceries. I am close to a Target and a coffee shop, which are both very beneficial to me. Today I had an interview with my dream job, and it went really well. I even got a call back for another interview tomorrow! One of the open positions is 11 blocks away from my apartment (perfect!). I know I had mentioned that I would give more details about the position, but I don't think I want to do that yet--at least until I know if I get the job or not.

On the spiritual front, I am learning so much right now. We are learning about the mystery of the Trinity right now in one of my classes. How do we serve ONE God, who is THREE persons, all of whom are fully God? It is INCREDIBLE. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all God, and they only differ in the way that they relate to each other and to us. The difference is in relation. The Father plans redemption and sends the Son, the Son accomplishes redemption for us and is the image of the Father, and the Holy Spirit helps carry out redemption in our hearts. And boy is there so much more to that! I'm learning how to dispute heresies about the Trinity and how to explain it the best we can as followers of Christ. I'll share as I learn.

I must go now. Time to read my new book, suggested by a friend: A Chance to Die--the life story of Amy Carmichael.

1 comment:

Jen Stutzman said...

I have that book and it is sooo good. Thanks for the update. Love you girl