Sunday, March 16, 2008

i'm a sleepy head

i've been so tired lately, but haven't been sleeping well. today i took a two hour nap and it was fantastic! i woke up feeling like i just wasted the afternoon though. then i remembered the sermon i heard this morning about rest.

i sometimes feel guilty for not working or not doing something productive that will push me into something else more important than whatever it is i'm doing at that time. the point is, we need rest and maybe i just haven't been getting enough of it. i mean, i only work part time and i have a lot of time on my hands, so i get a lot of sleep. but my mind hasn't let me sleep restfully. i'm constantly thinking and i wish i could just shut it off sometimes.

i don't know--finding rest is so hard to do. you can only find it in the lord, and even then it's hard to sit and be still when the world moves around you so quickly. above all else this week, i hope and pray i can find rest in my maker.

No comments: