Saturday, March 1, 2008

alive again


this has been a great week. i'm feeling again--no longer numb to the tornado called life spinning around me. the sun has been out multiple times this week and my heart has begun to smile on a more consistent basis.

i guess it just took me getting out of my current state and being 'forced' to have fun in vegas in order to turn me around. this week i have successfully communicated my joy. i worked wednesday and friday and loved every minute of serving others. i ran outside, i talked with old friends, i worked out (daily), and i started writing again. i've been encouraged by the smallest things this week.

a friend emailed me and told me to not feel bad that i'm not following the 'norm' of life--which is graduate, career, marriage, family. he told me not rushing into things is called freedom and it's a great thing. i couldn't agree more. i'm free right now and there's no better time to embrace it. i feel like i'm coming out of a dark cave and the sunlight on my face feels so warm it's calling me to another step toward the light.

i know i have purpose and i'm getting excited about my future. i know the lord will do what he wants with me, but i'm really starting to trust that whatever that is will be good. i'm laughing again and am waking up in the morning with purpose. this didn't just come. if that were the case, i would have made it come a long time ago. but instead there was a time and a purpose for this darkness and there was a savior pulling me out of it. how fitting it is that i feel like a the stone has been rolled away and i'm a new creation as easter approaches.

i love life again. that calls for celebration.

No comments: