Tuesday, July 22, 2008

boo DMV, yeah San Diego

i'm not very inspired to write right now since i just spent my entire morning at the DMV, but i will try my hardest to write something exciting.

last time i blogged, it was before kate's wedding. well, the wedding was fantastic and i had a blast with everyone back home. i did, however, feel the way i thought i would about 'home'. as soon as i got on the plane leaving san diego, i wanted to come back. even when i got to nebraska i was ready to turn right around. during the weekend, there were many times where i said to myself, "i love my life right now." watching one of my good friends get married and being back home reminded me that i have made the right choice for my life and i'm exactly where i need to be right now. it was so good to see everyone, but i felt like i had just started life in san diego and had to put it on pause to return to something i knew so well already.

the weekend came to an end quickly and ashley and i left for Cali at 4 am monday morning. we drove all the way through and didn't sleep a flick. once again, i have to admit that i hate Utah. it is so boring, and i never want to drive through that state again. ashley and i weren't delirious until we got to vegas. the 5 hour drive from vegas to san diego seemed like a lifetime. anyways, we got in safely on monday night/tuesday morning. all in all, it was a fabulous road trip. sally, my car, drove wonderfully.

so i've been back for a week, and i'm back into the swing of things. i'm job searching again, which seems to never stop. i have an interview today for a nanny position, which i am excited about. other than that, i have just been working at the coffee shop and walking to balboa park often. i walked there last night and swung on the swings by my lonesome. i haven't been on a swing for a long time. it made me feel youthful.

basically, my life right now is a jumbled mess of good things. i am learning to love this time of uncertainty. it is forcing me to find my identity in christ, since i don't have anything else in which to find it. i'm embracing my adventurous side and loving this new life i've been given. i really couldn't ask for more (except for the DMV to not take up all my time and just give me california license plates without all the paperwork.)

No comments: