Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The joys of california living

I haven't written for a while. I feel like I've been very busy. After going to Tijuana a week and a half ago, I've had a really long week. I was sick on and off the whole week, whilst trying to work and preparing for 4th of July. Being sick really frustrated me because I was confined to my bed and I couldn't get anything accomplished. Plus, the weather was gorgeous and I couldn't get out to enjoy it. I didn't even feel good enough to read a book, I just laid there miserably.

Finally after the sickness passed, it was the 4th of July. My friend Kirsten came down to spend the 4th with me and it was SO GOOD to see her. We went to PB in the morning and the OB for the evening (those are both beaches for non-californians). We spent time with new friends and had a very relaxing holiday. Then on Sunday, I had friends from L.A. come down to SD to see me. Robbie and JC, my friends from project three years ago, were here for the afternoon/evening and it was great. JC, Beau (a new friend), and I took a walk through Balboa Park that evening after we ate sushi. I love that I live close enough to walk to Balboa Park. Anyway, it was great. Then I took JC to the airport the next morning early.

Yesterday Annie and I went to Beau's house and ate dinner and then to the beach for a bonfire. We went to a secluded beach and had to climb down a cliff to get there, so it was very adventurous. While we were there, we just sat by the ocean with our fire burning beside us and the sound of the waves beneath us. It hit me at that moment that this is where I live. I could do this every night if I wanted to. I felt very blessed and honored to be in such a beautiful place.

Right now, I am in a very good place I feel--mentally and spiritually. I am loving this time and am growing in Christ. I am very excited to go home for Kate's wedding this weekend, but I'm even more excited to return. I finally feel like I have a place of my own now. After living out of a suitcase for a year, it feels great to have a place like this.

I am stoked for Luke and Kate's wedding this weekend. I'm in it and I know pretty much everyone in the wedding party so it should be a blast. Plus, I get to see so many people whom I love, including my parents. I am not stoked about driving 22 hours back to Cali again. But that's the price I pay for wanting my car out here. Anyway, the point of this post was to say that living in Cali is proving to be so good for my soul. The adventures, the people, the nature are all things bringing me joy. Even though I am struggling STILL to find a full time job and therefore am struggling financially, I trust that this is where God wants me. I am in his will. And that, my friends, overjoys me!

2 comments:

mdharmelink said...

Hey Lindsey, I am reading your blog for the first time. That is awesome that you are living in California. My time was short there, but I know how awesome those beaches can be, especially those bonfires. I will try and keep up and read your entries. Hope all is well, but it sounds like you are good.

Meg Schudel said...

Another post! Another post! Another toast...another toast?? Hmmm