Thursday, June 26, 2008

early birds have reason to chirp

i've never been a morning person. however, life seems more meaningful when you wake up with the sun. i have worked at a coffee shop for about seven months and that requires waking up at dawn (or before sometimes). i have so much energy when i wake up early. i love working a full morning and getting off at 11 or 12 and having the whole afternoon and evening ahead of you.

i have been setting my alarm earlier and earlier each week. this week my goal was to escape my bed before 9am every day (excluding the days i have to open at the coffee shop anyways). my goal is to find some consistency in the length of my days, therefore creating a fuller life. ha. that sounds funny, but really, you can't LIVE while you're sleeping. i am slowly becoming a morning person. yay!

p.s. i'm working on my book today. i haven't written in so long and i'm pumped and motivated.

1 comment:

*KJ said...

I totally agree about the mornings. I sometimes work at 6am at Red Bull.. Which means I'm up at 5am... and I've seen the most amazing sunrises becasue of it. And the days I wake up at 8 feel sadness for missing that day's sunrise. Mornings are awesome - but, it requires coffee :)