Sunday, August 12, 2007

i am blown away

so, mom just had a graduation/going-away party for me tonight and i was blown away by the turn-out. i was so humbled to know that all these people showed up for me. it was so good to see people and get to share with them what god is doing in my life right now.

after everybody left, i sat down to read the cards i got. i don't even have words to express how i felt tonight. i am so humbled that people, who have already given so much to me, would give me even more. i guess i was so focused on peru and the fact that i'm leaving in 4 days that i kinda forgot this was even a graduation party. as i opened cards and saw money, i was taken by surprise. god has been so unbelievably good to me in always providing more than enough, and tonight it finally hit me how blessed i truly am.

here i am, sitting with all these people who love me, receiving money and gifts and love, while there are children in Peru who don't even get to eat. i was so humbled...more than i've ever been i think. i can't even wait to go to peru and give these kids and these people the love that i experience every day. i am blessed beyond belief and now all i want to do is be a blessing.

No comments: