Thursday, August 9, 2007

one week


i leave in a week. i almost peed my pants just saying that. i'm so ready, yet i'm enjoying every second i get here in hastings, nebraska.

god is everywhere to me right now. i went running this morning and i couldn't stop smiling because i was just so filled with joy. the blue sky, green grass, and feel of my feet on the pavement all screamed his name...loud, real loud.

i don't even know how to explain the joy and peace and rest i've been experiencing in him. i'm at a point in my life where trusting god is like an addiction to me...the more i trust, the more room i leave for him to work, the more trust i want to have. it just keeps getting better.

life doesn't get any better than this. i know i'm about to experience pain, sorrow, desparation, and injustice in peru. even then i will praise god. he is faithful and good and that never changes.
"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:3-4
i'm clinging to that verse now...and in a week when all i see is the sadness of this world.

oh, so good.

No comments: