Monday, April 7, 2008

cucumbers and lettuce


thought you'd like a story.

as some of you may know, i work at a coffee shop. this coffee shop is also attached to a sandwich shop, so we sell coffee and sandwiches. today some lady ordered a sandwich in the drive thru. she wanted cucumbers and lettuce. i repeated the sandwich and asked her 3 times if she wanted anything MORE on the cucumber/lettuce sandwich. the answer...no.

so when she gets to the window, she tells me our turning radius on the drive thru isn't right and the speaker is too far away. she states, "it's a construction problem." i thank her, hand her her cucumber/lettuce sandwich and send her on her way.

a good 40 minutes pass and a voice on the drive thru says, "yeah, i was just here and i ordered a tuna sandwich with cucumbers and lettuce, but there's no tuna."

as we laugh behind the counter at the cucumber/lettuce lady who wanted us to read her mind and put tuna on the sandwich, we make a new one. i give her the sandwich and apologize, and guess what she does...

she gives me a TIP!

well okay then. story over. now, on to more important things. i'm still waiting to hear about this job in cali. i interviewed twice and i've been in correspondence with them for about a month now. she said we'll make a decision 'soon', but i'm not sure what soon is. so again, my life is kinda on hold. i've been working so much lately that i haven't really had time for my writing. friday is my day off and the rest of this week i have some afternoons off, so i'm excited to work on my book. i'm becoming inspired by my daily encounters with people at the coffee shop, so it will help my writing. okay, i have an early morning coffee call so i'm out. i think i'll have a tuna salad sandwich with lots of lettuce and cucumbers tomorrow--hold the tuna.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Meg Schudel said...

Hi there, okay, crazy blogging world led me to read your most recent post, I'm a friend of Heather Mullen's and she had your blog linked to hers. Where are you trying to get a job in Cali? I moved here to San Diego 3 months ago yesterday. I had to wait, get this, 3 MONTHS to get affirmation on my job. Sometimes it really takes patience. They told me I'd been a sure thing all along, they just got busy. I hated them until I got out here and then I was so grateful they hired me, all was forgiven. Feel free to check out my blog, and let me know if I can give you any advice to moving out here or anything (are you coming from NE?).
God Bless!
Meg