Saturday, April 12, 2008

friends

i just want to write right now, and sense i feel today's topic in life is friends, that's just what i'll write about.

i watched a video of my friends in peru and it made me miss them terribly. then i talked to my dear friend erin, whom i haven't talked to in months. then i spent time with my friends at work. and, of course, i have been at home with my bestest, jenna, all day. not to mention, went to a movie with jen and annie last night (the two friends i see the most). oh, and i talked to my dearest ashley yesterday. i am so very blessed by all of these friendships. i don't think there's ever been a time in my life where i've had so many great girlfriends. i love that the older i get, the more girlfriends i get. this used to not be the case.

i still have lots of guy friends, but i always had to deal with the fact that when i was seriously dating someone those guy friends couldn't be as close. i also had to realize that when marriage comes, my guy friends will have to disappear as close friends and become distant acquaintances. so, with all this said, the older i get, the more i appreciate my girlfriends and the long-lasting relationships they are and will continue to be.

it is great to love and be loved--even if it is just by friends. i feel blessed today.

No comments: