Friday, April 18, 2008

embracing this day


well, actually i'm embracing a new hairdo mostly. thought i'd go a little crazy, so this is the first step of the craziness. and i love it.

today is my day off and i've been preparing for sunday and working on my book. i don't know what it is about a day off when you haven't had one in a long while, but it allows you to do whatever you want and not feel guilty even one bit. for example...i think i slept a full 12 hours, and didn't even remotely feel worthless.

days off allow me to slow down and look around. i can embrace the life i have right now and i love that. i'm continually in this transition stage, but i'm more than fine with it. i'm single. i'm free to make my own choices. and i am my own person. i'm slowly falling more in love with god in this transition period because i have to learn to trust him since i have NO idea what is next. as i wait for an answer about this job in cali, i feel more relaxed about it every day.

each day brings new possibilities, but days off bring even more possibilities and i love that. i've been writing about innocence today in my book, and oddly, i feel pretty innocent today. i feel like god's child more today than i did yesterday--maybe it's because i've had less responsibility today on my day off. i don't know, but at this very moment i love my life. i have nothing to complain about. even though the sun doesn't shine on my day off, i can still find joy. even though i work tomorrow, i can still enjoy this very moment. i think this contentment is known as god's presence. i can't explain it any other way.

i have hope of a great future, yet, i don't really think of the future, but of right now. these ramblings might not make any sense but this is the lesson i am learning in life right now--contentment on a day-to-day basis.

1 comment:

*KJ said...

My Dear Lindsey,

Your ramblings do make sense and I'm right there with you. I know I am way over-due to call you back - I'm actually headed to San Diego tomorrow! Maybe I will run into someone who can get us both jobs, doing something we both love.... ah. As if it would be that easy!

Talk to you soon - and loving you posts, as usual!

-Kj