Sunday, April 27, 2008

sha la la la la

i'm in a good place right now. i can feel this transition period coming to an end and i know i am about to thrive. i leave for my sister's wedding on friday and i'm super excited. for months i've been using my sister's wedding as the break in my timeline. i've said, 'i'm sticking around NE until my sister gets married and then i'm off to start my life.'

i feel god preparing me for a really exciting time ahead. first off, i feel him drawing near to me as i draw near to him. i'm craving time with him and finding it super easy to just be in his presence. i'm ready to take this next step of life. i have a couple options right now. i could join student staff for summer in the city--L.A. and spend a month in L.A. and then move to san diego. or, i could go right to san diego and start job hunting while i'm hopefully working part time at a store (where i have connections with the manager). if i go to LA for a month, i need to raise $800-$1,000 in support. for some reason i feel like god is leading me more towards this. that way i could be in LA growing and learning and be able to travel to san diego on the weekends to search for apartments. i feel like this option would be an easier transition for me and it would be exactly what i need to decide what i want to do with my immediate future.

i know i want a job working with the poor. whether that means working directly with them at a homeless shelter, or working behind the scenes at a non-profit. i just know that is where my heart is and i can't ignore that. i want to be an advocate for the poor and oppressed and i'm not sure exactly how to do that. i am sure, however, that god will show me the way.

i am confident that in taking this step of faith, the lord will not leave me to fall on my face. i trust he will be there providing for me and speaking to me, even if it's not easy. i'm just ready. so, i'm going and i couldn't be more excited.

No comments: