Sunday, April 6, 2008

sunny sunday

sunny sunday. it's sunday. church was good. my friends and i are are goofy today. because the sun is out, i am reminded of sunny sundays in peru. all of these things make me very happy.

it's been a weird week, but now i feel the newness of sunday morning washing away my past week and bringing me a fresh one. last week i failed to do things i love--one of them being my writing, another being spending time with god. this week i vow to do only things i want and love to do, claiming them as god's and finding joy in that.

as i wait for an answer about this job, i realize that if i am offered the job, i only have 3 weekends left here. it all seems really fast if that's the case, but i'm really ready. so as i play the waiting game, my hope is that i soak up this time. this time of familiarity, time of friendship, and time of rest. although i am excited about a new adventure, i don't want to write off this time that i am here. so today i am thankful for all the things i am so familiar with and all the people that have been in my life for so long. i hope they all have a sunny sunday too.

No comments: